Case Study YOUNG CHEFS’ COMPETITION
Parmigiano Reggiano is a natural product which is crafted in Italy using traditional methods. The maturation period of at least one year gives the traditional hard cheese with protected designation of origin its characteristic taste.
The Parmigiano Reggiano Christmas Challenge calls young chefs between the ages of 18 and 30 who are in or have completed their apprenticeship to create a seasonal recipe with Parmigiano Reggiano. After the initial application period, three finalists are invited to cook their dishes at Michelin star restaurant Carmelo Greco and serve them to an expert jury. The winner receives half a loaf of Parmigiano Reggiano and several valuable prizes such as professional pans and knives. In 2020, the challenge takes place for the eighth time.
- Get young chefs enthusiastic about the product
- Show the product’s versatility and generate new recipes
- Coordination with expert jury and partner chef
- Timing coordination
- Development of an application form, conditions of participation and a microsite
- Text development for leaflets, social media and newsletter
- Examination and screening of applicants
- Evaluation of participants with a preliminary jury and determination of the three finalists
- Organization of travel and accommodation for the finalists
- Support of the event on-site, including preparation and evaluation methodology
- Accompaniment of the event by a professional photographer
- Personal follow-up after the event and outcome control